Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Osbourn Park Logo


This is Osbourn Park high schools logo of a yellow jacket. This is the high school I attended and it was a great. I really like this logo of a yellow jacket but, as Gerry and I were noticing, it is so overused. As I was looking around at other peoples old school logos and they seem at least a little original. The logo looks great to me but it is so cleche. A lot of pro sports teams use this image and it would be refreshing to see something a little edger and creative. I feel that the best logo of mine is the most simple for of the yellow jacket. I like how it has a contemporary new feel to it with out screaming an image. A big part of high school is trying to feel unique around people. If your high school is being represented by a used up logo how can you feel original and new? I think a fresh new appeal will give other local high schools a run for their money. I feel like this new logo (with a little tweaking) could really represent something new and exciting. The school colors are blue and gold and incorporating them in a more artistic way shows fresh unique ideas, which would be a great way to represent your high school.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are off to a fantastic start with this logo. I think it needs a bit more work- perhaps add some black to the stripes = to suggest more of the colors of a yellow jacket. I thinks it's really cool how you just worked with manipulating the form- almost like the memory of a yellow jacket, or one you would see out of the corner of your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your sketches and there are a few that I wish I could have seen done. For example the one where the stinger wraps around and the initials are on the bottom. The finalist you choose is awesome. It has an energy and looks like what I think a school logo would look like, traditional but still expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that this logo should be more distinguishable. I would like to know that it is a yellow jacket. I like your idea to approach a common logo in a new way. The shapes are nicely formed and a great start.

    ReplyDelete